Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job.
1. Prepare title binders, policies and any related endorsements and correspondence. Interpret completed attorney opinions (where applicable), title searches/abstracts and related documentation necessary to produce binders, policies and endorsements.
2. Review and interpret surveys.
3. Determine and communicate with certifying attorneys those requirements and exceptions that are necessary to complete binders and policies in accordance with company underwriting procedures.
4. Prepare authorization to exceed forms on binders that exceed liability limitations.
5. Prepare bills for premium and title examination fees or other related expenses. Recognize title defects and seeks advice from Residential Underwriter III or Agency Counsel as to insurability, when necessary.
6. Correspond with clients to obtain missing documentation and/or clarify information. Forward binders and/or policies to appropriate parties.
7. Participate in business development/referral programs which contribute to the overall profitability of the company.
8. Participate in training and advising new and less experienced underwriting staff members of agency.
9. Apply underwriting ability to perform limited liability evaluations and approve or disapprove technical title risks within delegated authority.
10. Maintain knowledge of computer system, where applicable.
11. Develop and/or maintain good relationships with law office clients.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Two years of underwriting experience
3. Title Insurance License
4. Time management skills
5. Ability to communicates effectively (written and verbal)
6. Excellent spelling and language comprehension
7. Ability to organize and prioritize work tasks - be a self learner
8. Ability to work under deadlines
9. Work well with others
10. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
Internal Number: 55959BR
About BB&T Insurance Services - BridgeTrust Title Group
Serving Virginia since 1983, BridgeTrust Title Group—Richmond provides cost effective and timely solutions. Our experienced staff is committed to anticipating our customers' needs and seamlessly guides each client through the title and settlement process with exceptional customer support.
Who We Serve:
- Our agency serves buyers, real estate attorneys and lending institutions in:
- Virginia/Maryland/Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
We work with leading national title insurance underwriters including:
- Chicago Title Insurance Company
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
- First American Title Insurance Company
- Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
- Stewart Title Guaranty Company
- Westcor Land Title Insurance Company
- WFG National Title Insurance Company