The Title Abstract Specialist will facilitate daily Agency functions through ongoing direct support of the Title and Production process that is focused on customer service and teamwork. This position will focus on order management, title processing for both pre and post-foreclosure and REO/Traditional closing files, title review and post close policy management.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
· Open and place orders via designated title vendor for new all new referrals to Texas Star Title. This includes, but is not limited to, Closing, New Pre-Foreclosure, Limited BK, Update Foreclosure sale reports and Conveyance orders.
· Obtain appropriate County Appraisal District records for each closing and conveyance order.
· Order tax certificates for each closing and conveyance order.
· Prepare initial and updated abstract title reports using documentation provided by designated vendor within five (5) calendar days of receipt of product from title vendor.
· Carefully review XML data against title report and docs from vendor to confirm that they are for the correct property ordered by client, all docs listed on the XML are provided in the support docs and that all docs shown in the vendor report are reflected in the XML. This includes but is not limited to, verifying effective and search dates on vendor data reports, verifying names of borrowers, lenders and other parties are listed and spelled correctly, loan and lien amounts are enumerated corrected, document dates and recording dates are correct and indexing information is accurate across reports.
· Conducting searches using County Clerk websites and Courthouse Direct for releases of lien for mortgages that are not released per the report. This includes notifying the title vendor of errors in their search and requesting correction.
· Conducting name searches using County Clerk websites and Courthouse Direct, as needed, to determine if there are adverse judgments not picked up by the title provider. This includes, but is not limited to, FTLs, AJs, Tax Liens, Child Support Liens, etc.
· Conducting probate searches for each party identified within the abstract referral and on the subject Deed of Trust,
· Ensuring final product that will go to our Client is proofread for spelling, grammatical, date and amount errors.
· Collaborate with Agency Manager on review of reports with prior liens or complex title issues that require additional review to confirm all information is accounted for on our report.
· Prepare all new title commitments for review/signature by escrow officer.
· Prepare all update title commitments for review/signature by escrow officer. This includes commitments updated by survey review.
· Prepare cash and lender policies for review/signature by the Title Agency Manager
· Shipment of all final title policies to the appropriate party.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum, three years’ experience in Land Title Industry, Title Examination, Title/Survey Abstracting, Landman or Real Estate Law firm
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Windows based programs
· Customer service interaction (answering phones, greeting visitors)
· Ability to remain flexible with changes in schedule and workload
· Successful completion of criminal and credit background check
· Successful completion and passing of drug screen
· Verification of education and prior employment
· Five years’ experience in Land Title Industry, Title Examination, Title/Survey Abstracting, Landman or Real Estate Law firm
Internal Number: TA1
About Texas Star Title, LLC
Texas Star Title, LLC was established in 2012 in Houston, Texas. Our focus is on residential real estate with a goal of providing the utmost in excellent customer service and giving our customers an unparalleled closing experience. We recognize that buying a home is a huge milestone whether it’s your first transaction or if you have purchased real estate for years. We work closely with buyers, sellers, real estate agents, lenders and other industry professionals to ensure a smooth closing for all parties involved.